- to pick up and lead to theft. Use Key finders if you tend to lose keys easily.
- Secure your vehicle. A surprising amount of thefts occur when a car is not locked. Always lock up you vehicle no matter where you keep it parked.
- Park intelligently. Look for well let areas that are not secluded. Visibility is a top theft deterrent.
- Don't keep valuables in your vehicle. Thieves look for cars with valuable items to steal. Do no leave packages, purses, or any easy target items visible from your windows.
- Use a physical anti-theft device. There are many great key fobs, surveillance, and alarm systems that can easily be installed or set up for any vehicle.
- Don't leave your car running. I running car is a Red Flag for easy theft.
- Take advantage of a tech-based auto recovery tool. Look into GPS tracking devices for your vehicle.
Top 10 U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas By Motor Vehicle Theft Rate, 2018