Safe Home Checklist
- Check all locking mechanisms for reliability. Don't forget windows and pet doors. Pet doors with sturdy locks for when you're away are a must have.
- Have good lighting for yard and entrance ways. Look into Solar light options and 2-way intercom entrance lights.
- Keep your home looking lived in. Vacant homes are more targeted for burglary.
- Advertise home security systems are in place. Even if you don't have one, look into faux system's and signage.
- Examine your landscaping. Keep trees and bushes pruned for better visibility. Look for problem areas that may serve as a hiding spot for potential thieves.
- Check Sliding glass doors, lanai entrances, and windows for easy entry. Invest in sliding locks and window locks.
- Put your street number not your name on your mailbox.
- Give a neighbor or trusted friend a spare key. Look into secure hidden key boxes in case of lockout.
S Secure your family, home, and valuables
A Always be looking for ways to improve security that fits your lifestyle
F Follow up on opportunities to educate your family on safety
E Enjoy peace of mind by knowing you and your family are protected